Teacher Training Program
Increase self-knowledge, acceptance and love through “embodied-inquiry”, asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophical study.
Our EMBODYOGA® programs are well-rounded, in-depth studies of yoga with an emphasis on personal embodiment as the basis for becoming a yoga teacher.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a depth and beauty in your yoga practice that remains constant when you step off the mat and into your daily life.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration & Touch
- Art and Science of Sequencing
- Planning and Teaching Classes
- Principles of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
The full program consists of all 4 Modules.
Modules 1 & 2 define our 100-hour Immersion program.
Modules 3 & 4 complete the 200-hours needed for teacher training.
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 1: Cellular Breathing – Navel Radiation
- Principle of a Quiet Spine
- Discriminating Core & Periphery – Finding Union
- Standing Postures 1 – Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs & Feet
- Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutations & Vinyasa
- 3 Pillars of Embodyoga® and the Movement Principles
- Pit of the Belly and Embodying Core
- Skeletal Correlations of Foot through to Pelvis
- Ease in the Ilio–psoas Complex
- Yield and Push of the Legs
- Inversions 1: Shoulderstand & Handstand
- Pranayama 1
- Yoga Nidra: Tantric Technique for Deep Rest
- Philosophy: Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbs and Intro to Tantra
- Standing Postures 2 – Dynamics & Alignment, Integrating Upper & Lower Body
- Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Arms and Hands: Alignment & Integrated Movement
- Yield and Push of the Arms
- Lower Back Fundamentals: Sacroiliac & Lumbar Health
- Standing and Supine Forward Bends
- Lungs, Conchas of the Nose & Breathing Diaphragm
- Embodying Organs
- Pranayama 2
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Philosophy of Hatha Yoga
- Cultivating a Rewarding Personal Practice
- Finding the Power of One's Personal Dharma - or Life's Work
- Principles of Backbends 1: Organ & Glandular Support
- Arm Balances 1
- Twists and Hip Openers 1
- Inversions 2: Headstand and Shoulderstand Cycle
- Pranayama 2
- Bandhas – Integrating Layers of Core
- The Kosas: Spiralic Sheaths of Awareness
- The Systems of Yoga
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 2: Spinal Patterns
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice
- Whole-Body Organization in Asana — Yoga from the Inside Out™ — Flow and Hold
- Balancing Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Temporal-Mandibular Joint, the Skull and Palate
- Backbends 2
- Twists, Hips and Arm Balances 2
- Pranayama 3
- Restorative Yoga
- Nadis and Kundalini
- Chakras and Neuro–Endocrine System
- Tantra Yoga: The Expression of Life Lived in Fullness
Our 200-hour Embodyoga® teacher training program is registered with the National Yoga Alliance.
Embodyoga® Founder & instructor
LOCATIONS OF 200-hour EMBODYOGA® TRAININGS
lead teachers, dates, schedule & costs
Click on the LINKS to find out more:
Yoga Center Amherst • Amherst, MA • New Training—Begins Apr. 14, 2018
Ebb 'N Flow Yoga • Northborough, MA
Main St Yoga • Placerville, CA
Estes Park Yoga • Estes Park, CO • New Training—Begins Dec. 8, 2017