Embodyoga® 200 HOUR
Teacher Training Program
Deepen your practice and learn to teach
embodied-inquiry™, asana, pranayama, meditation, and philosophical study
Our EMBODYOGA® programs are well-rounded, in-depth studies of yoga with an emphasis on personal experience and embodied understanding as the basis for becoming a yoga teacher.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a depth and beauty in your yoga practice that remains constant when you step off the mat and into your daily life.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
TEACHING PRINCIPLES INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration & Touch
- Art and Science of Sequencing
- Planning and Teaching Classes
- Principles of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
The full program consists of all 4 Modules.
Modules 1 & 2 define our 100 Hour In-Depth Study Immersion Program. Modules 3 & 4 complete the 200 Hours needed for Teacher Training.
- Fluid Body Movement Fundamentals—Cellular Breathing through Navel Radiation
- Spinal Anatomy and the Principle of a Calm and Mobile Spine
- Discriminating Core from Periphery in Body and Mind—Finding Union
- Standing Postures 1—Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs, & Feet
- Surya Namaskar—Sun Salutations & Vinyasa
- 3 Pillars of Embodyoga® and the Movement Principles
- Pit of the Belly and Embodying Core
- Musculoskeletal Correlations of Foot through Pelvis
- Ease in the Iliopsoas Complex
- Relational Movement—Yield, Push, Reach, and Pull
- Inversions 1—Shoulderstand & Handstand
- Pranayama 1—Ujjayi, Viloma, Nadi Shodhana
- Yoga Nidra—Tantric Technique for Deep Rest
- Philosophy—Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras & Eight Limbs and Introduction to Tantra
- Standing Postures 2—Dynamics & Alignment
- Integrating Upper & Lower Body
- Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Arms, and Hands: Alignment & Integrated Movement
- Lower Back Fundamentals: Sacroiliac & Lumbar Health
- Seated, Standing, and Supine Forward Bends
- Lungs, Nasal Conchas, and the Breathing and Pelvic Diaphragms
- The Organ Body
- Pranayama 2—Kumbhaka and Kapalabhatti
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Philosophy of Hatha Yoga
- Cultivating a Rewarding Personal Practice
- Finding the Power of One's Personal Dharma—Life's Work
- Principles of Backbends 1—Musculoskeletal, Organ, & Glandular Support
- Twists and Hip Openers 1
- Arm Balances 1
- Inversions 2—Headstand and Shoulderstand Cycle
- Pranayama 3—Increasing Practice
- Bandhas—Integrating Layers of Core
- The Kosas—Spiralic Sheaths of Awareness
- The Systems of Yoga
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice
- Teaching Gentle, Moderate, and Vigorous Embodyoga®
- Precision Vinyasa—Flow and Hold
- Balancing Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Temporal-Mandibular Joint, the Skull, and Soft Palate
- Backbends 2
- Twists, Hips and Arm Balances 2
- Pranayama Practice
- Restorative Yoga
- Nadis and Kundalini
- Chakras and Neuroendocrine System
- Tantra Yoga—The Expression of Life Lived in Fullness
Our 200-hour Embodyoga® teacher training program is registered with the National Yoga Alliance.
Embodyoga® Founder & Educational director
LOCATIONS OF 200 hour EMBODYOGA® TRAININGS
Click on the LINKS to find out more:
Lead Teachers, Dates, Schedule & Your Investment
Yoga Center Amherst • Amherst, MA • In Session—Began Apr. 14, 2018
Ebb 'N Flow Yoga • Northborough, MA • In Session
Main St Yoga • Placerville, CA