South India Pilgrimage – Auroville and Tiruvanamalai
FEBRUARY 7-24, 2018
Come to South India with Corrine Andrews, Matthew Andrews and Patty Townsend
This trip is designed to leverage Embodyoga® and Embodied Inquiry™ to create an exploration that’s both inner and outer. Matthew, Corinne, and Patty will support a rich and vibrant dive within that weaves together experiences in powerful centers of spiritual energy in Auroville, Pondicherry, and Tiruvanamalai.
While most of the trip will be spent in Auroville and the surrounding villages, we will spend 4 days in Tiruvanamalai, a vibrant South Indian city nestled in the crook of the sacred Mount Arunachala.
Sri Ramana Maharshi lived most of his life on this mountain, which has been revered for millennia as an embodiment of Lord Siva.The 8 mile circumambulation of Arunachala is a profound yogic practice, and meditation in the caves where Ramana Maharshi lived is a transformative experience.
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Deep dive into the spirit and ongoing work of Auroville
- Experience how Embodyoga® and Embodied Inquiry™ offer a deepening and integration of outer experiences
- Accommodations at Verite
- Delicious, organic, local vegetarian meals
- Explore Pondicherry and the Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Guided tour of 8 sacred shrines around Arunachala and the massive Annamalai Temple
- Guided tour to the summit of Arunachala
- Guided tour of Irumbai Siva Temple
- Experience local village life with guides from Auroville Village Action and Mohanam Cultural Heritage Centre
- Workshop with Awareness Through the Body founder Aloka Marti
- Visit the ancient stone carvings of UNESCO World Heritage Site